I love to read. I love to travel. I'm not so keen on reading about other people's travel...only because I get jealous.
CNN recently posted a list of the 15 Funniest Travel Books Ever Written.
- The Sex Lives of Cannibals by Peter Moore
- The Lost Continent by Bill Bryson
- Coasting by Dick Flinthart
- Killing Yourself to Live by Chuck Klosterman
- Out of Sheer Rage by Geoff Dyer
- Queenan Country by Joe Qeenan
- Are You Experienced by William Sutcliffe
- Into the Heart of Borneo by Redmond O'Hanlon
- Westward Ha! by S.J. Perelman
- The Great Railway Bazaar by Paul Theroux
- The Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain
- A Supposedly Fun Thin I'll Never Do Again by David Foster Wallace
- Holidays in Hell by P.J. O'Rourke
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
How is it that I have only read 3 books on this list? I've read hundreds of travelogues but only three of these. Of course there are many that I've read that are not on this list, starting with:
- The Ridiculous Race by Steve Hely
- In a Sunburnt/Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson
- Round Ireland with a Fridge by Tony Hawks
Any other recommendations for funny travel stories?